Responsibility of members:
As a member of AA it is your responsibility to adhere to the terms and conditions of membership included in this document. This document should be retained in a safe place for future reference.
AA members are expected to adhere to the following responsibilities:
- Keep in mind that membership is non-transferrable.
- Ensure that membership payment are made in full and on time to avoid interruption to service.
- AA’s number one priority is safety and as an AA member, we ask for your understanding as calls are prioritized based on our members’ safety and not necessarily on time of service request.
- You must notify us at the time of a service request if you or a passenger requires additional Assistance or special accommodation.
- Keep your contact and payment information current and up to date with AA.
Membership dues are due on an annual (365 day) billing cycle. Dues are subject to change without notice. If your membership dues are not paid in full on or before your membership anniversary, the following shall apply:
- You will not be entitled to membership services if your membership elapse but service will continue on pay-as you – go basis
- Based on the information we have on file, we will send you a renewal notice to pay your membership dues approximately 45 days prior to the end of your annual billing cycle. Prompt renewal of your membership ensures there is no interruption in service.
- Please ensure you review your membership details promptly. If any changes are required, it is the Member’s responsibility to notify AA prior to the renewal date.
- All membership changes, including additions or deletions must be authorized by the authorized representative of the membership account. Renewal is for a 12 month period based on the month of initial enrollment whether or not membership benefits have been exercised.
- Your AA membership expires one year after the date you activate, and will be renewed annually on notice to you (subject to payment of membership fees and any activation procedures). If after receiving notice of any change to the renewal of your membership, you do not accept the new terms or do not wish to renew your membership, you may terminate your membership as of when the change takes effect or on the renewal date.
If any payment to AA is dishonored by your financial institution due to non-sufficient funds (NSF), or declined for any other reason, we will contact you to collect payment and/or update your payment information. You may be charged an administrative fee of 25% of declined payment value per occurrence, including for any disputed charge that is determined to have been validly applied to your account. AA reserves a right of set-off for any outstanding debts owed to AA.
AA membership dues are refundable within 30 days after the payment has been processed by AA. The amount of the refund will be prorated and based on your most recent membership payment to AA, minus any outstanding cost associated with AA service provided to you or your associate members (including any additional charges as outlined above up to the date of cancellation).
AA will not refund your membership after 30 days of receiving payment on renewed, memberships.
Membership does not cover the following:
- Non-member service.
- Service to loaded or altered vehicles where the provision of service cannot be performed safely (in AA –contractor’s sole discretion) and may jeopardize the load or damage the vehicle.
- Service to unattended vehicles unless pre-authorized by AA.
- Cost of parts, labour or repairs.
- Any charges relating to impound and storage fees (these costs are the responsibility of the member).
- Delivery service – AA does not provide you with taxi service or courtesy vehicles this could be arranged upon request and with approval for an additional cost.
- Service to vehicles driven into an area not normally travelled, such as open fields, beaches, private logging roads, river banks, floodway, muddy or “plowed in” filled driveway or alleys. Construction sites or other locations which cannot be reached safely.
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred as a result of a mechanical breakdown, including lost wages, alternate transportation, accommodation etc…
- Battery “recharging” (charging is very different from jump start; a Jump start is a temporary measure and a charge is considered a repair involving labour charges)
- Transportation of animals, you are responsible for making arrangements for animals (except for service animals) in the event of a Roadside Assistance request requiring animal transport. Please notify AA as soon as possible if you require special accommodation for a service animal.
AA respects the privacy of your personal information.
If you choose to become a member of AA, we may ask you to provide certain personal information, including, but not limited to:
- Full name and address (both of which must be provided).
- Home, cell and business phone numbers.
- E-mail address.
- Type of vehicle with full Vehicle application.
- Date of birth.
- Payment information.
- Information about your present or future use of the products and services we provide.
Occasionally, we may send you information about new and existing services and benefits that we offer our loyalty partners.
AA may collect and use your personal information only to:
1. Authenticate, proceed, administer and manage your Membership if applicable.
2. Provide requested products or services;
3. Better understand your needs and the ways in which we can improve our products and services.
4. Establish and maintain communication with you, including responding to your inquiries, via direct mail, email and/or telecommunications.
5. Confirm eligibility for Membership or receipt of a product or service.
6. Process payments.
AA will destroy, erase or render anonymous personal information no longer required for the stated purposes or for a legal or legitimate business requirement.
Neither AA nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective officers, employees, directors, agents or contractors. ( collectively AA) have any responsibility or liability for any expense , loss, cost , injury, damage, delay , travel cancellation, accident or any other matter, delay , travel cancellation, accident or any other matter, however suffered or caused (including compensatory, incidental, indirect, special , punitive , consequential or exemplary damages or arising out of or related to :
Failure delay or decision by AA in administering any of the benefits outlined in these terms and conditions.
In the event of a dispute arising between a Member and the Service Provider, AA may appoint an arbitrator whose ruling shall be final and binding on both parties.
If you have any questions relating to our policies, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org